The cast-iron cylinder kits produced by Malossi s.p.A. are designed and manufactured with the specific objective of obtaining high combustion efficiency, long life, and a reliability that suits the Malossi name.
Owing to the experience gained in the preparation of cylinder kits for race, Malossi engineers have developed the thermodynamics of cast-iron cylinder kits to the fullest and designed the inner fuid mechanics of the cylinder kit with fanatical precision (see the tranfer pipes, exhaust and combustion chamber), thereby obtaining a high level of turbolence in the combustion chamber. The latter has permitted a substantial reduction in specific consumption and a drastic reduction in the exhaust emission of pollutants.
- Material: wearproof, laminate special cast iron
- Recalculated heat exchange surfaces
- NC machine-tool machining
- Transfer and exhaust disigned for maximum efficiency
- Lightened and reinforced, special aluminium alloy pistons with a high silicon content
- Optimized compression ratio
- Very high turbulence combustion chamber
Replacement pistons are available here.
Replacement rings are available here.
Not legal for use in California on pollution controlled vehicles. Check local laws before installing.
Piaggio Typhoon (2007-2010)
Piaggio LT 50