- Types of Information Collected. You may provide us with two types of information during your visit to the Site, namely, (a) anonymous or non-personally identifiable information; and (b) personally identifiable information (or information concerning the identity and location of third parties) that you voluntarily provide to us or to our service providers who perform services for Scooterworks.
(b) Personally Identifiable Information. Personally identifiable information is information that identifies you, such as your name, postal address, telephone number, e-mail address, age, date of birth, Paypal ID, credit card (or other financial account), and any other information that allows one to identify you or that becomes associated with your personally identifiable information. For example, you may need to provide personally identifiable information when you make a purchase for goods or services through Scooterworks, contact us with a question or concern, sign up to receive our emails, post a blog or a comment to our Site, or participate in other activities when you visit the Site. We may also collect publicly available information about you from other sources, such as information from newspapers, blogs, and commercial websites or third party data aggregators; we may use such information to supplement your personally identifiable information maintained by us. We may also collect personally identifiable information that you voluntarily disclose on the Site, absent any request from us.
- Examples of the types of information that may be collected include:
- Mailing Address
- E-mail address
- Phone (or mobile) number
- Date of birth or age
- Driver’s license number
- Credit/debit card number
- Purchase information
- Your mobile device information (e.g., device model, operating system version, device date and time, unique device identifiers, mobile network information)
- How you use our sites and mobile applications, search terms, pages you visited on our sites and mobile applications, and application performance, as discussed further below.
- Geo-location and in-store location
- Facebook ID, profile picture, gender, age range, friends’ IDs
- Google ID, profile picture
If you choose not to provide certain information, we may not be able to provide you with the requested items, services or information.
(b) Log Data. When you visit the Site, our web servers or those of our third party service providers may automatically collect anonymous information that describes how you use and navigate the Site. This information includes the number and frequency of your visit to each web page and the length of your stay, as well as the anonymous information that your web browser automatically sends to us, such as browser type, referrer data that identifies the web page visited before and after your visit to the Site, and IP addresses. We also may determine what technology is available through your browser to serve you the most appropriate version of a web page. For example, we or our service providers may determine that you have installed a version of Flash, and we will then send to you the appropriate Flash version of the web page rather than an HTML page.
(c) IP Addresses. An IP address is a number that is assigned to your computer or network when you are on the Internet. When you request pages from the Site, our servers or our third party vendor servers may log your IP address. We or our vendors may also serve advertisements on behalf of Scooterworks based upon the geographic location of your IP address.
(d) Clear GIFs. Clear GIFs or pixels are invisible files on web pages that you visit. When you visit a page on the Site that contains a clear GIF, the clear GIF communicates with your computer to determine, among other things, whether you have been to that page before or viewed a particular advertisement. We or our third party advertising providers or vendors may use clear GIFs to track usage of the Site.
(e) Sharing of Information that is Automatically Collected. We may allow third-party companies to collect certain automated information when you visit the Site. All information collected by Scooterworks or its third party service providers and shared with third parties is for the benefit of Scooterworks and its customers while interacting with the Site or Scooterworks. Scooterworks does not share your information with other companies for any other purpose.
- Mobile Location Information. If you have downloaded one or more of our mobile applications, you can opt-in to location sharing for additional application capabilities. For example, geo-location will use your device’s latitude and longitude or your device’s location capabilities (e.g. GPS or Wi-Fi) to let you find nearby Scooterworks location or event. You may opt out from allowing Scooterworks to access location data by adjusting the permissions in your mobile device.
- User Experience Information. In order to improve customer online and mobile ordering experiences, help with fraud identification, and to assist our guest relations representatives in resolving issues that you may experience in completing online orders, we, or our third party service providers, may use tools to monitor certain user experience information; including login information, IP address, data regarding pages visited and ads clicked, specific actions taken on pages visited (e.g. information entered during checkout process), and browser information.
- Social Media Widgets. Our Site and mobile applications include social media features, such as the Facebook “Like” button and Twitter widgets. These features may collect information about your IP address and which page you’re visiting on our site, and they may set a cookie or employ other tracking technologies. Social media features and widgets are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our Site. Your interactions with those features are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide them.
- Information from Other Sources. We may collect data that’s publicly available. For example, information you submit in a public forum (e.g., a blog, chat room, online review, or social network) can be read, collected or used by us and others, and could be used to personalize your experience or to assist Scooterworks with its marketing efforts. You are responsible for the information you choose to submit in these instances.
We may also obtain information provided by third parties. For instance, we may obtain information from companies that can enhance our existing user information to improve the accuracy and add to the information we have about our users (e.g., adding address information). This improves our ability to contact you and increases the relevance of our marketing efforts by providing you with information that may be of interest to you.
- Store Cameras. We may use cameras in and around our stores for security purposes and for operational purposes, such as measuring traffic patterns.
- How Your Information Is Used.
(a) Financial Transactions, Communications, Event Sign Ups, Applications. We use personally identifiable information for the purpose for which you provided it, which may include, but is not limited to, the purchase of goods or services through Scooterworks, to process payments or refunds, to respond to request for information about our good or services, for event sign ups, volunteer, contractor or employee applications, to activate any online account you may establish through us or one of our third parties, and to allow you to participate in any public area of the Site that may be developed. We may also use personally identifiable information to notify you of changes to this Site, to provide you with news, e-mails, and other information related to Scooterworks, to let you know about other information and services that may be of interest to you, and to otherwise tailor the Site to your preferences.
(b) Website Analysis. We may also combine anonymous usage information collected from your visit to the Site with that of other users to determine which features and areas of the Site are most popular. This aggregated information does not contain information personally associated with you.
(d) Aggregated Information. We may share aggregated information with third party service providers to assist us with collecting demographic information and improving our Site. We may also share aggregated information with potential advertisers, contractors, investors and other third parties in connection with the sale, advertising, or marketing of our services.
(e) Social Networks. If you are a member of a social network service, such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or similar websites or services that you have authorized to gather information about your online behavior on the Site, including participation in any behavioral reporting program they may operate on or off of their own site, we may share information regarding your activities on the Site with such third parties, and they may associate and use that information with personally identifiable information they already have about you (such as your Facebook profile).
(f) Legal Requirements. We may access, preserve, and disclose your account, personal information, and content, as well as report information of any type (including personally identifiable information) to law enforcement agencies, if we are required to do so by law or if we believe that such access, preservation, or disclosure is necessary or desirable for any of the following purposes: (a) to comply with a legal or regulatory process; (b) to enforce our terms of service and other agreements; (c) to respond to claims that any content violates the rights of third-parties; (d) to protect our the rights, property, or personal safety, or that of our users or members of the public; (e) to deal with or report any activities that we, in good faith, believe to be unlawful; or (f) to facilitate the financing, securitization, insuring, sale, assignment, bankruptcy, or disposal of all or part of our business or assets; or to protect the rights property or safety of our company, our guests or others.
(g) Marketing Purposes. We may use your information to deliver coupons, mobile coupons, newsletters, in-store receipt messages, e-mails, mobile messages, and social media notifications; provide interactive features of the website or mobile applications, such as product reviews, advertisements, or send marketing communications and other information regarding products, services and promotions; or to administer promotions, surveys, and focus groups
(h) Internal Operations. We may use your information to improve the effectiveness of the Site, restaurants, mobile experience, and marketing efforts, conduct research and analysis, including focus groups and surveys, or to perform other business activities as needed, or as described elsewhere in this policy
(i) Prevention of Fraud and Other Harm. We may use your information to prevent fraudulent transactions, monitor against theft and otherwise protect our guests and our business.
(j) Elsewhere at Your Direction. At your direction or request, or when you otherwise consent, we may share your information. For example, if you post on our social media accounts and elect to make it available to the public; your information may be accessible on our website, mobile or social applications.
(k) Sharing with Other Companies (for their marketing purposes). Scooterworks does not share your personally identifiable information with other companies or organizations for the other companies’ marketing purposes. All personally identifiable information collected by Scooterworks or its third party vendors is for the benefit of Scooterworks and the users of its Site. However, we may share non-identifiable or aggregate information with third parties for lawful purposes.
(l) Business Transfers. In connection with the sale or transfer of some or all of Scooterworks assets, we may transfer or provide a copy of the information collected from you through your interactions with Scooterworks or its third party service provider websites, mobile applications, social media sites or our stores.
(m) Other Methods. Where authorized by law and as permitted by FTC guidelines, we may use web beacons, other monitoring technologies and third party service providers or vendors who may gather data for purposes of advertising or reporting website traffic and statistics.
- What Choices Do You Have?
(a) Postal Mail. If you do not wish to receive mailings from Scooterworks, please contact us through one of the methods provided below and provide us with your first and last name and complete mailing address and state your desire to no longer receive postal mail from us.
(b) E-mail. If you have requested to receive emails from us and you wish to discontinue receiving Scooterworks’ emails, you may unsubscribe to the emails by clicking on the unsubscribe link included in each Scooterworks email.
(c) Push Notifications. You may at any time opt out from further allowing Scooterworks to send you push notifications by adjusting the permissions in your mobile device.
(d) Copy of, Deletion and Corrections of Personally Identifiable Information. You may obtain a copy of your personally identifiable information in our possession by contacting us through one of the contact methods provided below. For your protection, you may be required to provide proof of your identity to obtain a copy of your personally identifiable information. You may correct any errors in your personally identifiable information in our possession by providing us with the correct information, and we will delete your personally identifiable information (except for your transaction history and any account and subscription information) from our records upon your written request. However, you may not be able to access some areas of the Site if you choose to delete your personally identifiable information. If you are or have been a purchaser, or have received any services or goods from us, we reserve the right to maintain archive copies of all communications and other documents in our possession concerning or related to you, including personally identifiable information.
(e) California Residents. California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits guests and customers who are California residents to request certain information regarding disclosure of personally identifiable information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident, you may make such a request by contacting us through one of the methods provided below.
If you are a California resident under 18 years old and a registered user, you can request that we remove content or information that you have posted to the Site. Note that fulfilment of the request may not ensure complete or comprehensive removal (e.g., if the content or information has been reposted by another user). To request removal of content or information, please contact us through one of the methods provided below.
- Privacy of Children. We are committed to protecting the privacy of children. This Site is not intended or designed for children under the age of 13 without parental consent and direct supervision. By creating an account, accessing or using the Site, you represent that you are at least 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect or maintain personally identifiable information from individuals under the age of 13. If you are under 13, we ask that you not send us any personally identifiable information unless you submit written parent or guardian permission. In the event that we learn that such information has been sent to the Site by a person under 13 years of age, we will not create a profile and we will immediately delete such personally identifiable information.
- Safeguarding Personal Information. Scooterworks uses reasonable measures to ensure that the personally identifiable information you submit to us is secure. We also take reasonable measures to ensure that your information remains reliable, accurate, complete and current. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure. We will take reasonable measures, which we believe are appropriate to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction; however, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of that information. You are also responsible for taking reasonable steps to protect your personal information against unauthorized disclosure or misuse. Note that email is vulnerable to “Phishing,” which is a scam designed to steal your personal information. If you receive an e-mail that looks like it is from us asking you for your personal information, do not respond. We will never request your password, username, credit card information, or other personal information through e-mail.
- Choice of Law, Use in the United States and Transfer of Information. All matters relating to this Site are governed by the laws of the State of Illinois and the United States. If you are located outside of the United States and you contact us, please be advised that any information that you provide to us will be transferred to the United States and that by submitting the information, you explicitly authorize this transfer and the processing of this information within the United States. If you do not wish for us to transfer your personally identifiable information into the United States, do not submit it to us.
Mailing Address: Scooterworks USA LLC
2700 West Grand Avenue
Chicago, Illinois 60612
Attn: D. Hanley
Phone Number: (773) 537-0800
Online Link: http://scooterworks.com/Contact.aspx